Are you an experienced DBA with at least five years of experience with daily operations of deployments, backup and recovery, security/patching, monitoring, performance tuning? As well as have experience with scripting and automation at the same time have knowledge of Cloud AWS, Then this is your chance. Don’t be shy! Apply.
- Creating and maintaining database standards and policies
- Supporting database design, creation, and testing activities
- Managing the database availability, performance, and escalation point for incident and problem management
- Administering database objects to achieve optimum utilization
- Defining and implementing event triggers that will alert on potential database performance or integrity issues
- Performing database housekeeping, such as tuning, indexing, etc.
- Monitoring usage, transaction volumes, response times, concurrency levels, etc.
- Identifying reporting, and managing database security issues, audit trails, and forensics
- Designing database backup, archiving, and storage strategy
- Join the success story of a globally trusted brand
- Partnering with well-known clients
- Being part and drive high performance teams
- Multiple international career development options
- Extensive training and learning opportunities
- Great team environment
- Regularly corporate events
- Flexible work options
- Data Center knowledge with respect to set up of new RAC, Data Guard, backups and DR tests.
- Experience in handling multi-terabyte databases on various Oracle version 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c over different OS platforms (mainly Solaris and Linux).
- Skills to support 1st Level Support Team, server teams, Storage and users
- Extended support on weekends, Quarterly Maintenance Window, DR tests, Power downs and other major activities.
- Hands on experience in using RMAN (Full, incremental and archive backups), clone methodology (normal/duplicate), refresh using RMAN and good knowledge of using DISK and TAPE level backups.
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting standby databases. Mandatory to have worked on Data Guard setup to do switchover, failover operations.
- Working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting Oracle Streams.
- Hand on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Oracle RAC (single node, multi-node).
- Working knowledge in using GRID control to manage large databases.
- Hands on experience in troubleshooting production database performance issues, long running jobs.
- Hands on experience in query tuning, Optimizer concepts, knowledge of statistics, plan basics and advisor knowledge.
- Hands on experience in using EXP and DATAPUMP technology to do the schema/table/database refreshes.
- Hands on knowledge on ASM storage to be able to troubleshoot diskgroup/disk issues.
CH-6900 Lugano (Canton Tessin)
CHF Commensurate with experience
Work permit req